Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Couponing and price matching

Over the last year or so I have been learning to use coupons to save money for my family. I feel like I have done a good job with that. Now on to the next level.

Price matching. Wal Mart has an ad campaign going about how easy it is to price match at their store. On face book I have a small coupon group and one of the ladies is very knowledgeable about not only couponing but price matching as well.

What you do is this. When you get the Sunday paper save the coupons and sort those and also save a set of the sales ads. Go through the sales ads and using a spread sheet write down prices of items you want to buy and have coupons for, the place they are on sale at, size, etc. Then when you go to WalMart you just tell them the price such and such a store has that item for and they override their price with the other stores sale price. Then you use coupons and save even more.

I went to WalMart the other day and here is what I did.
I got 4 packages of Expo markers. WalMart price was 3.97, HEB had them on sale for 2.00 each so I got 4 packages of Expo markers for 8.00, I then had 2 coupons that were 2.00 on 2 so I ended up paying 4.00 for 4 packages.

You don't even have to bring the sales ad with you, just know, what store, price, size, etc. It was very easy.

1 comment:

UKnowWho said...

It's true some stores do not require you to have the sales ad but having worked at Wal-Mart I have seen people turned down for not having one. They just have to take your word about the item and price since they do not have a stock of sales ads themselves. My advice would be just to bring it along if you have it just in case.