Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My kinda sorta bread recipe

Several people on face book have asked me to share my bread recipe and since I don't measure anything but the water its kind of hard to share, but here is a guesstimate of what I do.

I can only sorta tell you. I put 2 cups of warm water in the bowl of my kitchen aid. Add some yeast and sugar, maybe 2 T. of each? This time I also added about 1/4 c. instant potatoes Let sit until its bubbling or working. Then add a glug o...f olive oil maybe 1/3 c. or 1/4 c. then add about 1/3 c. powdered milk, flour and some salt, I just mix it and add flour as needed. When it cleans the side of the bowl I let it mix for a bit then take it out and oil the bowl, turn the dough around the bowl to get oil all over it and cover the bow. I let this sit until doubled in bulk, 45 min to an hour. Then I punch it down and form into what ever I am making that day.

How is that for a precise and clear as mud recipe?

2 comments:

loves2spin said...

"Kinda Sorta Bread." My favorite kind!

Lani said...

Looks clearer than a spring mud puddle to me :-) Is it scary that I understand it?