Saturday, December 25, 2010

Easy Jalapeno Poppers

A lady at WalMart was picking out some jalapenos yesterday. I asked her if she was making jalapeno poppers because I was going to too. She said yes, but she just mixes bacon bits with the cream cheese so she doesn't have to wrap with bacon. Plus its less fattening. Win Win.

While we were at the pepper section another lady was picking out some Poblamo peppers. I asked her if she was make chili rellanos. She said no, spaghetti. My ears perked up. How? She said you roast the peppers just like you would for rellaonos, then chop them up with sour cream and add some garlic salt. Pour that over the spaghetti. She said its really good. I wanted to write it down here while I remembered what all she said. Sounds like a super simple recipe.

Wow, I learned two new things by the peppers at WalMart. How fun.

The weather is warming up here with a high of about 40. Hope you are all safe and warm where ever you are. God's blessings to you.

Edited to add: I think next time I make these I will pre-bake the jalapenos because now with not having to cook the bacon all that really needs to happen is for the cream cheese to get hot. I might boil them so they don't dry out. If you make these this way and find a better solution, please let me know. Or maybe putting a little olive oil in the bottom of the pan would help.???

3 comments:

Beautifully Veiled said...

Mmmmmmm....poppers! You've got my mouth watering!!!

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

We make jalapeno poppers all the time, filling each one with cream cheese, wrapping them with bacon, and then pouring a sweet brown sugar glaze over them......AMAZING!

I do want to try making them with the bacon bits in the cream cheese. Sounds so much easier! lol

Blessings~
Laura

debbieo said...

Ok Laura,
I had extra filling so I will get more jalapenos today and do the brown sugar thing. Sounds delish. BTW. We liked the popper with the bacon bits better than wrapped with bacon, didnt taste so fatty. The peppers were hot so I got more than my share. he he