Wednesday, December 22, 2010

An update


My family is so funny. Jeff said he was going to quit reading my blog because I haven't been updating it every day. Joy says reading my blog is the only way she knows what is going on in her family. Sounds like we have a communication problem here.


I got enough birthday and Christmas money that I was able to order an E-reader from QVC last evening. It looks like this.
It has lots of features including:

•Includes 4GB eReader/tablet, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, stylus, AC adapter, USB cable, cradle/stand, leatherette case, ear buds, and 100 pre-loaded eBooks from the Barnes & Noble Classics Series
•7" diagonal digital TFT LCD touchscreen display with 800x600 resolution
•4GB shared internal memory
•Google Android operating system
•Supports PDF and EPUB text files; JPEG, PNG, GIF, and BMP image files; MPEG-4 video files; MP3, WMA, and AAC audio files
•Built-in 802.11b/g wireless connectivity
•My Library lets multiple users customize their own library
•Audio and video player
•E-mail access
•Web browser
•Virtual keyboard
•Automatic screen orientation
•Built-in dictionary
•Word search
•Adjustable font size
•Multiple bookmarks
•Text highlighting
•Digital photo album
•Alarm clock
•Measures 7-1/4"H x 5-1/4"L x 1/2"D
•UL listed; 1-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
•Made in China

I am excited that it already has 100 classic books loaded on to it. I will download the Bible on to it and it will be perfect. When you live in a small space this reader or one similar makes sense. I have not been reading like I usually do because of limited space. This may be something my daughters might want to save up for, they like to read too.

Joy is here for the Christmas break and Hannah is gone to her dad's, so the house is at its usual fullness. When Hannah returns we have made arrangements with one of my dear friends for Joy to sleep at her home so she doesn't have to sleep on the couch.

Jeff's birthday is Christmas Eve and he wanted to go to a movie, but I think the one he wanted to see will not be out yet so I don't know what we will do. Christmas day we had planned to make a bunch of snacks, read the Christmas story, open gifts, then watch a movie or two and just hang out.

We have not been able to find the Christmas stockings so if we don't the girls will have to do what they used to do and just hang up one or their actual socks. They don't wear stockings. Or maybe we will have to buy some of those cheapo red and white ones. I sure hope I didn't accidentally get rid of the stockings and ornaments that are keep sakes. I thought I had them here but we cant find them. I guess its a good lesson on placing too much value on earthly things. I also thought I had a 2 foot fiber optic tree and I cant find that either so who knows. I was sure I saw the box for the tree since we have moved but who knows? I cant find the nativity either so I either just cant find it all or its all gone. I will go the day after Christmas and at least buy a new nativity. I know I had two brand new ones in boxes that I got rid of.

Todays plan is to deposit my Christmas and birthday money into the bank to cover my E-reader purchase, do laundry (that is an almost everyday thing), buy a new filter for the water faucet water filter and get some groceries.

What are your plans for today?

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

Our youngest son, who I haven't seen in over a year, arrived today on his way back to college. He will leave on Jan. 1st. So, today is a very special day for us. I like the e-reader. How nice for you!