Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Getting a slow start

The girls all stayed at Kristy's last night so there was no reason for me to get up this morning. Is this what an empty nest feels like? Ick.

I got up about 8, played around on my computer for a while. I did find out that they shipped my e reader on the 22nd but I don't know what method they used. I will just have to keep my eyes open.

I made my morning oatmeal and showered. Then I made a batch of Thieves Oil. I have an order for an 8oz. bottle. That's huge and costly. 8oz. $50.00. wow. I decanted the oil into the 8oz. bottle and packaged it for shipping. $5.00. It fit into a flat rate box. yeah.

I went to the shed and refilled the oatmeal jar and got a half dozen baby food jars that Chelsey had saved for me. I soaked the labels off and washed and filled them to the brim with carrot/apple juice. I figured that way I can drink an jar a few times a day. Tomorrow I will make and jar another batch. I hope to remember to send a jar with Jeff to work. Or maybe he can just drink it at home.

I had thought I had juiced 4 lbs of carrots but it turns out the packages are 3lbs not 2. Cool, that makes it even cheaper. If I juiced 6lbs of carrots and 6 apples and a bit of ginger and it made 2 quarts that would fill about 9 of the jars Chelsey gave me. Guessing that one jar is a serving of vegetables then if Jeff and I share this over two days we only get 2 servings of vegetables a day. I think I had better juice everyday. I just read an article that said instead of the 5 servings of fruits and vegetables the government says we should eat, its more like 9 servings of fruits and vegetables that we really need. I imagine that if your body needs healing that you would want to go with the higher amount. Ok, I will definitely be making juice again tonight.

I just read another really interesting article and maybe we are getting more servings than I thought. Read the article here: http://www.vegparadise.com/highestperch412.html Its all about the carrot and its history. Interesting.

I will ask Mollie to get me some more jars from Chelsey tomorrow. Maybe I will make another batch of juice this evening when Jeff can help scrub the carrots. Then I would have it all jarred up and he could take some to work tomorrow. What do you think Jeff?

Its 10am and I don't know what to do with myself. I usually don't have any problem finding something to do. I filled the dish soap foam er by both sinks and washed the dishes. Guess I could vacuum the floor and then clean the bathroom. Or not. I could go over to Kristy's and sew but I don't know what to sew. Goodness, I am not usually like this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have curtains you can make!!! Brown faux silk fabric. 3 panels reallly reeally long. I just got the curtain rods yesterday. Can't wait to show you.

Talk to you after 5 tonight.

debbieo said...

Ohhh yeah,
Now youre talking. What are we going to do when there are no more curtians to make?