Wednesday, December 1, 2010

First day of pheasant season in Oklahoma




Today is the first day of pheasant hunting season in Oklahoma. That has no effect on me because we don't hunt. But my friend (K) owns a restaurant that opens at 5am. I hope they are super busy and make lots of money.

I am making some bright orange stocking caps I hope to sell to hunters.

Our water line is frozen again this morning. Jeff said he was going to re wrap the line and also wrap the faucet when he gets home from work. It would be super inconvenient if we were unable to shower but I am thankful for the shower house close by. Now if only there was an activity center.

The weather is suppose to warm up to the 60's today so the faucet should thaw later on. Also since we moved the sewer line needs some adjustment before we can dump the black tank so Jeff will take care of that as well when he gets home from work. I will buy the parts so that he can get started on it as soon as he gets home.

Joy will be home from college for her Christmas break on the 17th. I think she will sleep at a friends house because she is not looking foreword to sleeping on the couch for 3 weeks. We will just rent the room for 3 weeks and hopefully she will be more comfortable there at night.
Now that we live in a 5th wheel, we need to make new traditions for holidays. Decorating and all that. When Joy gets here she can help us figure out what we want to decorate and where we want to put it. I am thinking it would be cool if there was a tree that is small that you could hang on the wall and maybe even put a few of your most special ornaments on it. I have some lights I think we can string around as well. We do have a very small tree but I really don't know where we could put it. The tiny amount of counter space we have is always in use. I have one idea of a place where it might possibly fit so we will see. Hannah was saying the other day that we need to get some Christmas music playing in here. Hummmmm
Today I am going to start making the tonic I featured a while back. I have some ginger, horseradish, garlic and a little bit of onion. I thought I would get them all chopped up and covered with vinegar and then try to get the rest of the ingredients and just all them to it. That way it can be working and the stuff I already bought wont get bad. Lets see, I need ginger, horseradish, garlic, onion, peppers, and vinegar I think. I will go back and look at the video again to make sure. It needs to sit and work for a while before you use it so I will get started on it.
Do any of you have any special Christmas celebrations you think might translate well for folks living in a 5th wheel?

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

Donuts on Christmas Eve. :)