Thursday, December 2, 2010

Exciting weekend ahead


We all need to be preparing for hard times by canning and stocking our pantries however we are able.


I am excited because even though today is Thursday its Friday for Jeff. He gets a four day weekend every other week and this is it for him. The weather is suppose to be warm and we have some fun projects planned.

Tomorrow, I want to get our new steps made that lead to our bedroom. I have it all planned out in my head just how to make them and attach the hinges. I will be happy for the extra storage.

One thing I am not happy about is that the patch on the tub peeled off when Mollie was cleaning the tub today so that's $25.00 for the kit down the drain. I suppose we will just have to break down and replace the whole tub instead of trying to patch it.

If we have time I would like to get the skirting put on around the hitch end of the 5th wheel. All of the rest of it is done.

Also Jeff has to tweak the pipe that runs from the 5er to the dump hole to make sure it is just right and doesn't leak.

I also want him to hang up a rack for me to hang my necklaces on.

Guess I have quite a honey do list. I am so thankful that Jeff willingly does things around here. It would be hard if he just came home and sat around.

Mollie helped me cut the lengths for 4 large curtains for my friend (K) and sewed one panel. I left it with a note for her to see if that's how she wanted them made. If she likes them I will finish the other three panels on Tuesday while Hannah works.

Last week Jeff and I made 3 serving tables for (K) for her to use for Christmas parties. We also made a short step to place under our steps to the 5er. That sure has been a blessing. The steps were just a little bit too high and the new step really makes it easier to get in and out.

I am glad we turned the 5er around, for some reason I like it facing the way it is now. Now if we can just get some stabilizers on the sides to help with the motion when someone walks around it will help loads.

Hannah asked me last night to buy a small heater for their room so today I stopped by Family Dollar and found one that is a combination fan/heater. I hope it will work for them. Family Dollar also had 24 packs of Scott toilet paper on sale for $9.00 so I picked up 2 of them. Also 2 twelve packs of Bounty Basic that were on sale for $8.00 each I believe. I think I am about set for paper towels and toilet paper. Now I just need to stock up on paper tissues for the winter. Hopefully there will be a good sale on tissues soon. Also there was a $5.00 off when you spend $25.00 coupon on our sales ad that came in the mail. There wasnt one on the ads in th store.

I am a little concerned about China deciding to dump the dollar. One world currency here we come. I wonder what that means for us? Will our money be worthless?

I will just trust in the Lord. He is my refuge and strength.

l

2 comments:

Yolanda said...

I just read this post. I think I'll go take a nap. ;) You are doing so good, Deb.

Cheryl said...

I am with you. I hold my breath with concern over China dumping the dollar and having our economy crash. I don't have a whole lot stocked as I am trying to do a little at a time with what little we have. I have had made a pact that this coming new year, I will be more diligent about stocking up. But, regardless I am keeping my eyes upon Jesus. He is my strength, my hope and my rock. Even when everything in this world is falling down around me.

God bless ya,
Cheryl