Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A good day for sewing

The weather outside is cold and dreary. Its a good day to sew. When I take Hannah to work I will go over to ~K's~ and sew at her house. I have 3 curtain panels to finish and then I want to make a fabric envelope for my purse Bible. I keep it in a zip lock bag but it looks funny when I take it out to use it. I don't want to just stuff my Bible in my purse cause when I stuff other things in there it could get damaged or bent or worse yet, torn. The zip lock bag keeps it clean and safe. The other day at Sunday school when I pulled it out of the zip lock, it occurred to me that I could sew a fabric envelope for it very easily. I plan to make the envelope like the folding sandwich bags you can buy. The kind with the little flap that you fold over once you have what you want in the bag.

I also want to make a pillow case for one of Jeff's pillows. We gave away one too many pillow cases and ended up short. I could buy some but this way it will be more personal if I make it.

Then if I have time today I would like to sew some fabric sandwich keepers so we don't have to use plastic zip lock bags for Jeff's lunch. I want to make them the same way as the Bible cover with a little flap to fold over. I will make sandwich size as well as sub size since we like homemade sub sandwiches. I have tried to get Jeff to carry a small cooler with his lunch in it but he thinks a wal mart sack is more manly. I think he sticks it right in the fridge at work so whatever he wants is good.

We still have yesterdays laundry hanging on the line because we washed it later in the day and it didn't get dry before night so I left it there. Now its really cold. I sure don't want to go get it but I suppose I had better do it.

I hope to find some bottles I can use to decant my homemade vanilla into at a junk shop or thrift store. A friend of mine gave me a wonderful bottle yesterday but I need more and then corks to stop them up. Then I need to make labels and decorate the bottles. Maybe Joy will help me with that when she comes home. She is quite artsy/crafty.

Its not on the menu list but chili sounds really good today. Maybe I will make that for supper. I recently found out that Jeff's does not really care for chicken noodle soup. Bummer. He did say he like beef and noodle so that's good, especially since I had just bought the worlds largest bag of egg noodles at Sam's recently.

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

Sew many great ideas, Deb! Don't you just love making pillowcases? They are so nice, and pretty straightforward to make.