Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thernal cooker

I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I would like to buy a thermal cooker. I have been looking at them but they all want something like $35.00 for shipping. I finally found one on eBay that has free shipping. I may order this as soon as I can save up enough money. These are its features:

Just 10 minutes on the stove, leave for work or play and return home to a delicious meal. Thermal cooker saves energy costs and preparation time. Simply place the ingredients in the inner pot, cover lid and bring to a boil on your stove (approx. 10 minutes). When brought to a boil, remove from stove and place in outer thermal pot. Thermal technology creates a convection effect by using the steam produced inside to circulate and continue cooking for up to 30 minutes and warms for up to 8 hours. Food is cooked in its own moisture and steam, so nutrients are preserved. Compared to a pressure cooker, thermal cooker is 30% more energy efficient

Features and Functions

- 6 liters capacity
- Portable
- Non-electric
- Energy efficient
- Stainless steel inner and outer pot
- Continues to cook for 10 ~~ 30 minutes after heating
- Keeps cold or warm for up to 8 hours


6 liters is over 6 quarts so that should be sufficient for our family. My stove here in the RV runs on propane and the small oven is electric. My convection oven is at least. Anyway, it would really be a fuel savings to have this thermal cooker. Its like a non electric crock pot. I think I will read some reviews on it and see what others think about it.

2 comments:

Yolanda said...

I have never heard of one of those. What sort of things would you cook in it?

debbieo said...

Yolanda,
I think you cook any thing that you can boil for 10 min. then stick in the cooker and seal up and it continues to cook for 30 to 60 min but it doesnt burn things is my understanding. I will do a post on it once I get it and try it. I think they are popular in Asian countries where fuel is at a premium.