Sunday, December 26, 2010

Frozen this frozen that

Christmas morning we woke up to no water. Frozen lines. Had to wait a few hours until the sun thawed the lines out.

Today after Jeff showered the tank was full but the valve was frozen so when I took a shower it didn't drain just collected in the tub. No problem. It will thaw this afternoon.

Girls came to church and told us that the tub leaked into the living room. Great. Mollie bailed some of it out but not all. They had also put a towell down to mop up the water. I am thinking, huge mess.

I left church, got home, heard my phone. Looked at the message, it was Jeff, can you hurry back to church, Joy has something special for you. I had already changed my clothes. I was going to be bailing the tub ya know, so I jump in the truck and head back to town. I messaged and called Joy, Jeff and Mollie but they are all in church so of course they don't answer. Finally, when Mollie goes to take care of the nursery she calls, I am in town by then. I asked her what was going on and she says, nothing. I told her that her dad asked me to come back. She said Joy isn't going to do it now. I am almost out of gas, so I go get some gas and head back home to bail out the tub.

I get home, bail out the tub. Try to open the valve, its still frozen. The tub isn't leaking very much, thank you Jesus. Washed the dishes and am now waiting for the family to get home from church.

Its not even noon and already its been an exciting day.

Oh I forgot to say that when I was trying to text Jeff I accidentally sent the message to my niece who is in California. I asked what is going on? She text ed back that she was getting ready for church and hoped that I had had a merry Christmas.

My life. So crazy.

3 comments:

Saundra said...

Home you had a better afternoon!

Yolanda said...

Whew! I hope you can get your pipes set up so they won't freeze anymore, for goodness sake! What WAS the special thing??

debbieo said...

Well Joy ended up not doing the special she will do it next Sunday, she is going to sign to a song for me. She has two years of american sign language and is very good at it. I love to watch her sign and have always wanted her to sign at church. Its so beautiful to watch.