Monday, January 31, 2011

Hello winter again

Our stretch of nice weather is over for now. Yesterday it was in the 70's, at least that's what our thermometer said . Today there is ice on the car windshield. Jeff emptied the tanks last evening in preparation for the cold weather.

Today I will be making a few batches of Thieves oil and decanting and labeling them. I need to make both formulas. Then later in the morning we are meeting my oldest daughter in a town about 70 miles away to give her one of our cars. We now have too many cars and she needs one so it just makes sense. I hope it will be a blessing for them. Right now they are using a big pick up that eats way too much gasoline. This cars fuel economy will help them keep more money in their pockets.

The other day I dropped my lighted makeup mirror and the lights quit working. I had purchased it long ago at a garage sale and its been taped together and glued several times. Jeff looked at it and hard wired it and was sure it was fixed but alas it was not fixed. I had to use it without lights which is not easy. I looked in the stores and online for a replacement but did not care to spend $30.00 or more, when the other day we were in Family Dollar and I happened to see a cart with marked down items. Upon investigation I found a neat folding makeup mirror for $3.00. In our small place folding or collapsible things are great. Of course I bought it and now have a lighted make up mirror again.

I also found a wooden folding dish drainer. I like that because it keeps the dishes up off the towel, in the off chance that the towel isn't perfectly clean. It folds up neatly and will stow beside my stove with the cutting boards.

This weekend we were able to take some Christmas gifts to some friends only over a month late. I guess better late than never.

Enjoy your day today and don't work too hard.

1 comment:

loves2spin said...

That's great about your find! :)