Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sweet story

An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard.

I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that

he had a home and was well taken care of.

He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on

his head; he then followed me into my house, slowly

walked down the hall, curled up in the corner and

fell asleep.





An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.

The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked

inside and resumed his spot in the hall and again slept

for about an hour. This continued off and on for several

weeks.



Curious I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to

find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is

and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your

dog comes to my house for a nap.'



The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different

note pinned to his collar:



'He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3

- he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with

him tomorrow?'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your blog today. I haven't looked at it for a few weeks and it really hit the spot. I set up my own blog and have some questions on my obvious lack of ability to do come things right...maybe we can talk some. We saw Jeff briefly. Praying for God's hand on your life. Loveya!

debbieo said...

Hey Anonymous,
You didnt sign your name or give me dircetions to your blog.
Let me know.

Beverly said...

Love it!

loves2spin said...

That IS a very sweet story!