Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Not much to say

Believe it or not I have not had much to say lately. For those of you who know me personally you know that is highly unusual. There are some things going on in our lives but much of it I don't want to blog about until things are more sure.

Mollie's friend's parents are selling their home and moving far away. The girls are both a bit disconcerted about it.

We have started doing some sort of cleaning project every day. I had tended to let things pile up and you really should not do that when you live in such a small space. So far this week the girls have swept and mopped and vacuumed all the floors. They made sure they got along all the edges and corners where dirt tends to collect. They also cleaned the refrigerator. Today I want them to clean the ceiling fan and the vent close by it. I appreciate my daughters very much. They also took all the laundry to the laundry mat yesterday and washed, dried and folded it.

I cleaned a lot of the stuff I had piled up on the kitchen counter. Its stuff I use often but I just had to put it away for visual peace of mind. That helped.

Today we ran some errands and took the van through the car wash. As we were leaving I saw the attendant and asked if they sold their empty barrels. He said he had two and I could have them if I wanted. Of course I said yes. I just need to thoroughly clean them and disinfect them. They previously help soap so I am not concerned chemical wise about them. I wanted them to fill with water in the event we lose electricity and the well cant pump the water. If we need to move they are easy to empty and refill at a new destination. I told a friend of mine about the barrels and she may have two clean empty ones I can have that are metal. They have a sealing top on them and would be useful for storing grains and such. I hope she does indeed give them to me. They are also great to store feed in to keep animals and critters out.

I have also been trying to spend less time on the Internet. I feel like I am wasting too much time fiddling around on the computer.

I have made the homemade mouth wash twice and we like it quite well. Jeff and I both feel like it actually freshens our breath better and lasts longer. I will make another batch when I finish this post.

No comments: