Tuesday, March 1, 2011

oranges




This evening Hannah and I went to Wal Mart to pick up a few things and found some oranges for ten cents each. We picked up 4 of them. Tonight Hannah ate one and gave me a slice, they are really good. We are going to go back tomorrow and pick up a bunch more. Can't beat the price. I do not know if they are available all over for that price but we are sure happy about it.

~Tip~we always just put the oranges on the counter but have found that if you refrigerate them they are a whole lot better tasting. Cool and refreshing.


I save my orange peels and put them into a gallon jug of white vinegar that is about 1/2 full. I can then use the vinegar like other orange cleaners. I also have orange essential oil that I will add to the vinegar when I put it in the spray bottle to use as a cleaner.

Waste not, want not.

No comments: