Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Settling in and other things

We are getting settled in here and getting things done we need to do, like get a bank account, change addresses, and other such fun stuff.

We set up the laundry but this time we did it a little different. I will have to take a picture when we get back from vacation and show you what we are doing with it.

The people we have met so far are so very friendly. Very talkative and amicable. Willing to help, forthcoming with information and helps. I think we are going to like it here.

Last evening Jeff's new boss stopped by to chat and see if we needed anything. He is very excited for Jeff to come to work and said the higher ups are already talking about taking him away from him. I think Jeff will stay at the new place for a while at least. I am happy that Jeff will be appreciated for his skills. The new boss told the higher ups that he was not going to hire any one until he found who he was looking for and he is glad he waited for Jeff. Of course he wishes he was there working already. He said the opportunity for advancement is great at the new place. I am so glad for Jeff.

We took the car in to the shop today because it kept saying to add coolant. We kept adding coolant and then a few days later the same thing. Turns out the radiator is shot. They are replacing it now. We hope its done by tomorrow so we can head out.

I don't know if I am ready for 17 hours in the car. It took us two days to get here and now 17 hours each way to see Jeff's folks. Ugh.

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

Wow. It is too bad you have to travel so soon. That is such great news about Jeff's job. I am happy for all of you. And nice neighbors too! :) I look forward to seeing your laundry set-up.