Friday, July 3, 2009

Dehydrating hamburger

It didn't work. At least I didn't want to spend any more time trying to make it work. After several hours, (it was suppose to take 1-2) in the oven, there was still moisture in my hamburger. I had prepped and cooked 14 lbs. of hamburger. I didn't want to waste it so I put it in clean pint jars, sealed with my food saver and put them in the freezer.
Living and learning.
At least I have 14 lbs. of cooked hamburger for spaghetti, tacos, etc.

I bought a spray bottle and filled it with vinegar. When I see any ants I wash the area and spray with the vinegar. In a day or two they will get the hint. Vinegar works just as good as caustic chemicals.

Tomorrow I am going to take my soaps to the farmers market to sell. Joy wrapped them and labeled them. They look very nice. I have 6 batches curing and 2 batches in the molds. They take 3 weeks to cure so if I keep making and selling and curing etc. I will keep the supply up.

Tomorrow is the 4th of July. We are invited to eat lunch with Bill and Christina. I will finally get to meet Christine. I am sure I will be saying Christina when I mean Christine, so they better be patient with me. lol

Later we are going to Liberal to watch the fireworks. I will also do my walgreens shopping then.
I also am meeting a customer to discuss stone color for his house.
Take care and God bless.
Mrs. Olson

No comments: