Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday

Mr. Olson has been busy taking the toilet out of the bathroom. Of course there is always more things to do. He is going to end up having to replace the metal thing that goes under the toilet ring. Thankfully the floor is not rotted which happens in so many cases.

He also bought two new tires for the riding lawn mower and put them on.
I made two batches of soap today, coffee and star anise.

Joy made some vanilla sugar. When the ladies came I had not made any for myself. So Joy took care of that.

Mollie has been helping Mr. Olson and I as we need things. She also helped the little girls pick up rocks and put them into the wheel barrel and haul them over to the trash can where there is a hole that needed filled. The trash truck always makes holes when it rains. So we fill it with rocks.

We have two pot luck meals on Sunday. For lunch we have a dinner at church. I think I am going to make sloppy joes and bring buns.
For supper we are going out of town and I am bringing ketchup, mustard, pickles and onions. I am also bringing homemade potato salad.

The little girls are going on a field trip today. They get to play put putt and watch a Bee Jay's ball game. I think they are having a picnic too.

Right now I have two sliced grapefruits and 10 sliced limes in the dehydrator. It seems to really intensify the flavor of citrus fruits. I like a slice in my water.

Mr. Olson is grilling hamburgers so when they get done we will have them for lunch.

No comments: