Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday

Joy is doing a fantastic job of cleaning my pantry. I don't know why we cant keep it clean but I say the same thing about the Tupperware cabinet.
I made the frozen lemonade I listed a few entries ago and its great.
The girls and I are canning hamburger right now, actually we are drying it. I will can it for long term storage. That way I don't have to worry if the freezers or electricity go out. Like I said the other day, put your eggs in more than one basket.

We found a few ants in the kitchen this morning so out came the vinegar. Everytime we find some we are washing with vinegar water. It helps so much. It takes a time or two but it really does work.

I also made up a bunch of fly catchers this week and hope to get them hung in the trees soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Olsen,

After reading your posts all I want to do is sit on your porch in a rocking chair and listen to you teach me all of your ways of caring for the home... while sipping frozen lemonade. :-)