Saturday, July 11, 2009

Veggie Pizza

The girls and I are making veggie pizza for supper. We are using zucchini, onion, yellow squash and mushrooms along with a pepperoni pizza. I am anxious to see how squash tastes on pizza.
I love homemade pizza dough. It feels so good. Here is my recipe.

In my kitchen aid mixer with a dough hook I put:
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 T. yeast
2 T. sugar
I let this sit for 5-10 min. When it begins to bubble I then add:
2-3T oil
1t. salt
add flour until the dough clings to hook and cleans side of bowl. Once its at this point I let it knead in the mixer for about 5 min. Then I take the dough hook out and let the dough rest for 5-10 min. When its done resting I roll it out for two pizza's and top as desired.
Bake at 350 degrees until cheese melts, crust is brown and its done.


Edited to add: the pizza was yummy, next time I might saute the squash first although it was really good this time. Maybe I will do it the same.

No comments: