Friday, July 10, 2009

Farmers Market

Saturday is Farmers Market. Last week I went and sold my soaps. This week I am going to go again. The produce around here isn't in full swing yet so there wasn't much in that area. I did buy 3 jars of honey. I'm glad I did because they may be sold out I've heard. There is suppose to be another honey producer there so we will see.
This week I will have chocolate and chocolate oatmeal soap to add to my wares. I did pretty good last week and hope to do even better this week.
Yesterday I dehydrated a head of cabbage. I shredded and blanched it and then dried it. It would fit into a small zip lock bag. I am loving this dehydrating thing.
I want to order some oxygen absorbers to use when I package the food to help keep it fresh.

I haven't made soap for two days because the cafe was closed and she isn't changing oil until this weekend. So next week I will get to it again. I am getting to where I can whip it out pretty fast. I have a system down now so it makes it easier. My problem is I get too many projects going and my kitchen looks like I never clean it. Kefir on the counter, dehydrator going, soap curing, cooking, vanilla working. It starts getting cluttered and I have to put things away and then in a day or two I start again.

I need a play kitchen to make my concoctions and play around in that I don't have to move stuff out of the way to cook. It needs to have lots of counters and outlets.

No comments: