Saturday, September 25, 2010

Just a workin

Just a few more days of working like a dog then we can relax.

I sorted through my canning jars that I had stored in the storage trailer because Jeff asked me where I was going to put the jars that now have food in them when they get empty. I realized I had way too many jars. So I once again sorted them and sold over 19 dozen to a local lady who likes to can too. I kept the ones I really like, like the straight sided ones and the fancy ones.
Then I decided that since I was now going to store them in totes instead of on shelves that I should run them all through the dishwasher first before returning them to the storage trailer. It took the times of running the dishwasher but they are all clean now. I have them stored in clear totes and I think I am going to like that.

I also consolidated two boxes into one of Pink Monkey supplies and threw away 4 totes of soap blocks that I now know I cant use to make liquid soap. Long story, but after talking to my chemist friend I know I have to use a different process to make the liquid soap. It is almost impossible to cut the blocks into bars to sell as individual bars so I just tossed the whole lot. It bothers me to do that but I don't have any other ideas and I don't have time to figure out someone who can use them and no way can I store them.

I have been trying to pare down even more what I am keeping because the storage trailer was just getting too full.

I also gave away 6 five gallon buckets of pork lard. That saved 240 pounds of cargo.
I know once we move and I have time I can go through and sort the pictures and consolidate even more, but for now I just need to get this much done.

2 comments:

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

WOW! You really have been working hard. I hope you can soon take some much needed rest and relaxation!

Blessings~
Laura

Yolanda said...

That's a lot of lard! Were you using it to make soap?