Monday, September 20, 2010

New sectional for the rv


To the far left of the picture you can barely make out a light oak tv tray. This is what we plan to use in lieu of a kitchen table. The girls can also use them for school work. If this proves unsatisfactory, I have a long narrow white plastic table that can be positioned several heights. I thought it might work as a coffee table/dinning table/schoolwork table. We will see how it goes. I didn't want to clutter up the area too much. If the tv trays don't work we will try the white plastic table.
The kitchen cart located below the tv contains plates, glasses, mixing bowls, silverware and such. Another honey do project is for Jeff to replace the wheels with bigger ones so I can maneuver the cart around easier. I pull it around when I am making meals for more counter space and when I am not using it I place it below the tv.


The sectional is made up of 5 pieces. A right arm piece, a left arm piece and 3 middle sections. Plus an ottoman. Each section has storage under the seat. This was a huge factor in my decision to buy this style. The company that makes these is called Home Reserve and they are so clever. Jeff said they were very well engineered.

I plan to put cardboard beneath the storage compartments and store my jarred food there.
I plan to use the storage in the ottoman for blankets to be used while sitting on the couch watching tv or visiting.

The table at the end of the sectional unit is the only piece of furniture I wanted to keep. You cant see it because I have some doilies over it. I bought it at an auction when I was in high school and a couple of years ago a friend refinished it for me.

I plan to build or find a small table or cube type structure to place behind the table in the corner to use to put the computer printer on and store paper and such below. There is just enough room for that.


This is the canvas unit I hung in the bathroom after the one I put together didn't work because there was nothing in the wall to fasten it to. This is the type of thing made for closets that you hang on a clothes rod. I had a shower rod I knew would fit so I placed it close to the ceiling and the units Velcro around the rod. This is a lot more storage than we would have had with the over the toilet unit we started with. Its not the prettiest but the bathroom is so very tiny I cant imagine anyone spending too much time in there anyway so these will do nicely.


This is the curved shower rod that replaced the glass doors. We think this will give us more elbow room.

I have a few more modifications I want to make to the 5th wheel. I will try to post pictures as we do each project.
On the list.
Take the steps to our bedroom out and make steps that have hinges for more storage space.
Build a shelf in the bottom section of cabinet right by the door that we use for shoes.
Knock out the top board above the coat closet and build a shelf there for storage of some kind.
Every time I come across space not being used in what I deem the most useful way, I figure out how to change that and make it useful for us.

5 comments:

Marie said...

I really enjoyed seeing your updates on how you are organizing the RV. Great Job! FYI, they have organizers for the shower that hang from the shower curtain. They have pockets to keep shampoo, soap, shower gel, etc in them.

debbieo said...

Marie,
I forgot to show the one I bought that is hanging on the inside of the shower rod.
I want a mesh shoe over the door organizer.
Any ideas?

Anonymous said...

wow what a beautiful camper you got yourself

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

Hey! I loved seeing your RV. Everything is looking great!

Blessings~
Laura

Yolanda said...

I am very impressed!