Wednesday, September 1, 2010

New shelves in the trailer

Since there is unused space at the front of our storage trailer I decided to put two sets of shelves that we already own in that space.
One set of shelves is metal and one is plastic.
We rearranged the shelves on the rolling metal rack to hold small totes of finished soap of different scents.

When we got the shelf unit to the trailer we discovered it was too tall by about 4 inches. I thought a good way to cut off the tops would be the jig saw. I got it out and it lasted 1 1/2 legs until the blade broke. Then Mollie remembered that Jeff has a pipe cutter. We used it to finish and it gave a much more smooth cut. Wish she had thought of it earlier.
Finally we were able to fit the metal shelf unit into the trailer.

Then I brought out the plastic shelf unit. Of course it was too tall as well. Easy fix. I just took it apart and went to the mitre saw and chopped off 12 of the posts so the shelves would be more evenly spaced.
Wah lah. They fit.
Now to fasten them to the wall and load them up.

I know I am making progress but I am still concerned that I am behind schedule. I want to be out of here by the 25th of Sept at the latest. That will give us time to come back and clean and scrub and make it nice for the new owner.

I just feel that if we work consistently every day we should be in a good position instead of waiting until its time to move and working 24/7 and end up getting sick from the work and stress. I prefer to work slow and steady.

I am sorting through almost everything so that takes time. I am not sorting through the years accumulations of pictures. I hope to do that in the winter when we are more stuck at home.

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

Whew! I'm glad you didn't get confused and start shortening people's legs! ;) Take it easy on yourself. I'm glad you can save the picture sorting until you are already moved. Bless you.