Friday, June 26, 2009

Busy day

Today has been very busy. The girls went out to put the tire back on the riding lawn mower only to discover that two or three more washers were needed. Of course we don't have any that size, its a 3/4 hole in the middle. So it will have to wait until we go town.

I took the veggies out of the dehydrator and refilled it. It seems that 4 lbs. of veggies shrinks down to 1 lb. That's pretty significant. I cut some banana's up and sprayed with lemon juice and more corn, peas and green beans. I also sliced some zucchini and am drying that as well.

I put a pork butt roast in to cook and will make pork chili with that tomorrow.

I also made 6 small loaves of banana bread. Yesterday I happened to be at United when the guy was working the bananas and I asked him to mark some down for me that he had taken off the shelf, so he did.

Christina was here as well and she was making chili relinos ( I cant figure out how to spell this,its the cheese stuffed pablamo peppers that are dipped in beaten egg and fried), we had them for lunch with Spanish rice, which I made and she had made some homemade re fried beans. Wow, they were good.

The kitchen was really a busy place this morning. It was fun though.

After lunch Christina, Sam, Joy and Mollie went to Guymon to get some things so they are going to pick up the washers I need for the lawn mower and also bring me a Sonic drink. Yummy. Life is good. I picked Kaitlyn and Courtney up at school after their field trip for the summer palooza.

Bill is driving a tractor for David. They are bailing the straw from the wheat.

I had ordered two lbs. of vanilla beans for me and one lb. for Joella last week and they already came in. I called Joella to tell her they are in so Monday we are going to work with the vanilla beans. I am happy to be busy.

Life is good.

No comments: