Monday, June 29, 2009

Making vanilla extract




This morning some friends came over and I showed them how to make vanilla extract. I had ordered two pounds of vanilla beans for me and one pound for Joella. Some of the gals made vanilla sugar too. I guess that is something the German people really like.




Joella said that Marius always wanted vanilla sugar and she didn't even know what it was.




Then I showed the ladies how to make lye soap with recycled oil. I hope they enjoyed the time together.




About vanilla beans. I went to walmart and they had a jar with 3 or 4 vanilla beans in it for 8.97. I ordered mine from ebay for 9.99 lb and 5.00 shipping. I got about 160 beans for 15.00. I have enough to make lots of things

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't made vanilla yet. My kids are always with me and my husband doesn't want me to go to the liquor store with them. lol I also haven't found a good source for vanilla beans. Didn't think of ebay.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting me back. Tequilla Vanilla, now that probably would have been awful. LOL

PS. found you through Dehydrate2Store. Love those videos. :)