Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday

Today we took five loaves to the place where the Hispanic church was having their food sale to donate and bought 3 tacos and 3 bean burritos. Next week they are suppose to have some plain tortilla's for me. They misunderstood what I wanted. I think I got it across this time.

The burritos and tacos were very good btw.

I may try a green or red burrito next time depending on which one is the least spicy.



We also went to a garage sale at a church by Bryans corner where I found 3 nice hardback books and a few other things. The ladies were getting hot and tired and so my total was only 2.00. It gets cheaper the more tired the folks are. lol



I just now finished up making 2 batches of oatmeal, milk and honey soap. It is the favorite around here so I make more of it.



Last night I ordered some free business cards from Vista print, you pay postage so they are not really free, free, I use them when I wrap the soap.



My pork roast is done so I de-boned and de-fatted it and drained the juices off. Then I tore it up and poured picante sauce over it as well as two cans of fire roasted tomato chunks. I mixed this up and its on low in the crock pot.



I drained the water from the pinto beans and rinsed and refilled the pot with water and am cooking the beans to go with the pork chili. I am going to talk Christina into making re fried beans with them. If I have any left overs I will put them in plastic bags in the freezer. I like having some beans in the freezer for days when I don't plan ahead like I should.



I bought several cans of lye the other day so I can make soap for a while before I have to restock it. I am so glad I discovered this new way to make soap, it makes its so much cheaper and helps the environment as well. Cant beat that with a stick. Now if I could discover a new way to scent the soap for free I'd be walking in clover.



My green house is doing good despite my inattention to it. I do need to get out there and tie up the tomatoes. The peppers look good and so do the cucumbers. We have eaten lettuce from it that was volunteer. I always plant my lettuce in the same corner of the greenhouse and so I guess it just reseeded itself.



I guess this is just a rambling post. I am just sitting here thinking and my fingers are typing my thoughts.



Jeff is coming home the 1st or 2nd and I miss him. I think the weekends are hardest for him because he is alone. I am rarely alone so it doesn't get to me as much.

Well I'll post again later. I hope whoever reads this has a wonderful day. God bless you.

I thought I had lost this post. Whew.

No comments: