Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday

My yogurt turned out great. I have a big butter dish full. I also put about that much in a paper towel lined strainer over a bowl to make some cream cheese. I would rather have used a cotton towel but I don't have any here in the 5th wheel. Better put some in.
I also put onions and a couple sprigs of cilantro into the roast that has been cooking in the crock pot since last evening. I also put a couple of sweet potatoes in the crock pot.
Last evening I put some oatmeal on to soak so this morning Jeff cooked it up for his breakfast. When I got up I warmed it up for mine.
I have tea brewing on the stove and water filtering in the Brita to make iced tea.
The tea is done yum.


Living in the 5th wheel does not prevent cooking from scratch. The space is limited but you learn the crock pot will still cook on the counter in the bedroom as well as in the kitchen.

The girls aren't here right now so I have been using the bunks for counter space.

Tomorrow I will make some baguette breads. I looked at Wal Mart but they were 2.00 for one baguette. I can make a couple of them for less than 1.00.

When you begin looking at prices like that you realize that cooking from scratch does indeed pay off.

No comments: