Thursday, June 11, 2009

Visit to an Amish bulk food store

I visited an Amish bulk food store in the area today. It was similar to the one near Hutchinson, Ks. but on a much, much smaller scale.
The lady was friendly and we had a nice time talking. She has an embroidery machine and has a few of her crafts on sale in her store.
I ended up buying some garlic bread sprinkles and some toothpicks. I was hoping to find oatmeal in bulk but I don't think she has that.
This morning I went to the bank to get some cash so if we find a 5th wheel hitch for Bill and Christina we can buy it for them and they can pay us back.
Then I went to Goodwill where I found a smaller rolling pin, a square glass Pyrex baking dish, a book for me and a book for Joy.
Jeff and I went to Baja Jack's burrito shack for lunch. I love their carne asada burritos with mango sauce. They have great chips too.
This evening Jeff and I will drive to Henryetta to look at a 5th wheel hitch. We have not been in that area yet. It will be fun.

No comments: