Monday, June 29, 2009

Home made water treatment system

A while back I ordered the filters and spigot to make my own water filter system. Well yesterday I finally got around to drilling the holes and putting the thing together. I got the buckets free at the grocery store bakery. The filter and spigot I bought from:http://shop.monolithic.com/products/just-water-ceramic-drip-filter



I used smaller buckets than these with lids that are easier to remove for filling and cleaning.
This is the spigot. I just drilled a hole in the side of the bottom bucket and installed this.


This is the filter. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the top bucket and through the top of the bottom bucket and installed this filter. It was very easy. Both the filter and spigot were just finger tightened.
This system was designed by some Baptist men for missions. If they are told what area or country the system will be used they can actually make the filters specific for that location. To filter out what ever things are more likely to be in that area.

No comments: