Thursday, October 28, 2010

My home tour


Nothing like starting off my home tour with a messy bed. I want to tell you that when you cant walk around the bed its really hard to make them.


This is the opposite side of our bedroom. There is just about two feet at the end of the bed to stand and dress and such.



To the right is 1/2 of a shoe organizer that I had Jeff screw to the back of our bedroom door. Below that is a tv tray that hooks to the door too. I sit on the end of the bed and take the tv tray down and put my make up mirror on it and do my make up. You can see my make up mirror in this shot too.


This is 1/4 of the shoe bag which Joy suggested we put here beside the fridge with those command strip type hangers and then we filled it with cooking utensils. Wall space is just about as scarce as counter space is here in the RV.



I place my less used appliances above the cabinets. I went from 3 crock pots to one. I am sure as the weather cools I will have to tea pot down and on the stove because I will be using it more often.


This is the organizer we installed in the tiny bathroom. It takes up lots of space but we don't spend much time in the bathroom anyway. Just like we don't hang out in the bedroom because its very small too.

This picture is self explanatory I hope. The storage units we installed are above the toilet.

Here are the two units we installed to hold shampoo and such. The built in ones in the shower are just too little and things fall or get knocked off of them.
This is the big ole shower. Since we have a 6 gallon water heater we flip the switch on the shower head while we shampoo and lather up and such. As you can see we removed the glass shower doors and installed one of those bent shower rods and boy that has been super.
This is Mollie's side of the back bedroom. As you may be able to tell, we removed the top bunk and replaced it with shelves. That really opened up the room and gave her more storage. She decorated it how she wanted it.

This is Hannah's side of the room and she too has decorated it to her satisfaction. I bought the command hangers and the squish able type of stuff for them to use to hang stuff.
This is the living room with the new corner section installed on our sectional. We ended up getting rid of the foot stool but we are happy with this arrangement. It gives one more place to sit.

This is the other side of the living room with my small table where I do computer work. The kitchen cart holds our plates, bowls, and glasses. In the corner is the printer and some office type stuff we use every day.

The plates are from the old house and I think they make the place seem more like a home. Notice the cabinets with mirrors below the plates. One of them is Jeff's "office". When he wants me to get something out of there for him he says its in his office.
We are really enjoying living in our RV.
As you send me your home tours I will post them and also link to them on this post.
Yolanda's home tour:
http://simplyhomemaking60.blogspot.com/2010/10/welcome-to-our-home.html

2 comments:

Yolanda said...

Wonderful! You have done a great job of organizing your home. It looks so pretty and cozy. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Michelle Therese said...

What a cozy home! I'm a bit clausterphobic so I'm not sure how well I'd handle living in an RV. Who knows, maybe I'd love the coziness :-) When I'm done cleaning up the house I'll do a home tour as well. At the moment I'm re-organizing everything and it's MESSY lol