Friday, October 15, 2010

We've been here two weeks

It has been two weeks since we moved into the RV. I thought I'd give a report on how we are doing and how we are liking our new abode.

It has actually been very easy to get used to the small space and togetherness. Our family always spent our time mostly together even in the large house so this is just a bit more closeness. When everyone is up and moving around there does tend to be a traffic jam so we are learning to back up and allow others to pass.

We are constantly making improvements to make the RV easier to live in. For instance this weekend we will be installing the RV skirting to make the RV look better and to insulate it for winter. I plan to add insulation to the skirting. We will also be installing stabilizer jacks to make movement inside the RV when people walk around less noticeable.

We are still waiting on the corner piece to the sectional couch. That will be a nice improvement when that comes in.

Just yesterday I ordered shades to install on the outside of the windows to keep the suns rays to a minimum.

I also found a place I want another coat rack installed to hold the towels after a shower. We use our towels 3 or 4 times between washings so we each pick out a color and use that same towel until we wash again.

I haven't gotten input from Hannah but yesterday I was talking about maybe we need to start looking for a larger RV and Mollie said, "No, I like this one". That was good to hear because it was because of the girls that I would want a bigger RV. Their room is coming along nicely as we make changes, add shelves and they put up posters and such.

Remember, the house tour will happen soon. As soon as the corner sectional comes in and we get the skirting installed. Should be very soon. Hope you are all getting your homes ready to share.

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

That all sounds very nice. Can you store things under the RV after you get the skirting installed? Like in moisture proof bins or something? Of course, since you have the other storage unit, you probably don't need to. My 2 grandchildren are going home tomorrow, so after that, I can sort of spiff things up here a bit before I take pictures of our very humble home to share. I was considering doing a video, but then anyone with a dial-up connection would not be able to view it, so I have decided to do pictures. Hmmmm... maybe I should do both.