Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Settling in

I am really enjoying living in the 5th wheel. We are doing things to it to make it more personal and its really cosy.

I continue to sort through the boxes and totes in the trailer. I think if I keep it up for a couple of weeks I can have it just the way I want it.

I made soap in the storage trailer yesterday. I had to organize everything and such but once I got going it didn't take too long. Today it should be a lot easier to make soap.

Jeff cleaned up and sorted though some of the stuff we had sitting between the two trailers so it looks better outside.

Did I mention that the landlord let us put up our clothes line? Now I can just take the clothes to be washed and bring them back here to hang dry. That saves lots of time.

There seems to be a pack of yapping dogs some where near here and they go at it all night long. I will have to try to figure out where the sound is coming from because its most annoying.

We had taken quite a bit of stuff to the auction in Dodge City and the owner of the auction house called yesterday and said that almost all of it is sold and he is sending us a check. We are very excited because it is more than we had hoped for. We can sock that onto another bill.

I ordered the skirting for the 5th wheel yesterday. It will make the 5er look nicer, let us have some under storage and help insulate it for the winter. Its suppose to be easy to install. I cant wait. This spring I want to install the window screen covers too. They look like a screen material but you install them on the outside of the window. They are suppose to block 90% of the UV rays and keep it much cooler inside but not obstruct the view. You are suppose to be able to keep the shades open with out getting the heat and others are not suppose to be able to see inside but you are suppose to be able to see clearly outside. That will be a blessing. If I thought they would help during the winter I would go ahead and order them now but the advertisement doesnt say anything about that.

I ordered another piece of sectional to go on the couch. When that comes in and we get it put together and installed I want to do a home tour for this blog. I should be in in a couple of weeks.

To do list for today:
1. shower DONE
2. tidy house DONE
3. list business on criagslist DONE
4. list bunk beds and tables on craigslist DONE
5. make another curtain for K's new pub DONE
6. do a load of laundry? DONE
7. cut soap and put up to cure DONE
8. make 4 batches of soap WILL WAIT FOR OILS
9. make sure my order went through for essential oils DONE

4 comments:

Beverly said...

I am glad things are going well for you. I really enjoy reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoying reading about your journey to being debt free and downsizing/making things simpler-very inspiring.

We have a large trailer and it is tempting to seel our house and maove into it to-more time for life-simplicity-

looking forward to your tour-

blessings

jennifer

Yolanda said...

I can't wait for the home tour! Maybe you should host a everybody's home tour thing like you did with the kitchen's?

debbieo said...

Yolanda,
Good idea. As soon as my new corner unit for the sectional comes in I will host a homes tour. I will write a post about it so everyone can begin preparing.