Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Loving this winter storm NOT but still thankful

Yesterday we didn't have water in the kitchen until about 3:30pm. Today we have cold water in both the bathroom and kitchen but no hot water. Also the drains quit running which means there is an ice bridge. That happens sometimes when you leave the valves open to drain. We left the valves open because we were afraid we wouldn't be able to open them in the brutal cold weather. Its a quandary, leave them open because they may freeze and not be able to open them and chance an ice bridge or keep them closed and risk not being able to open them for days. Oh the joys of RV life.

I am still thankful that even though things aren't peachy they are still good. We are still blessed.

I am fixing to take the laundry to the laundry mat. I have avoided it long enough. I called my friend who works there to be sure it was open and not frozen up and she said yes indeed they are open. It is about 8 or 9 miles away so I did not want to drive all that way and not be able to do the laundry. After laundry I may go to my friend Kristy's and sew a bit. I have an apron to make for a friend of Mollie's and some more curtains to make for Kristy. Then I have groceries to buy. The girls are staying home to do school so I will be doing the work by myself.

No comments: