Saturday, February 5, 2011

product labels, frozen water lines, etc.

Yesterday as I heard Jeff's pickup pull into the campground the sink started to gurgle. I got up and looked and sure enough it was starting to drain. Praise God. I ran hot water down the drain and cleaned the sink really good. I was so happy. Later the drain for the bathroom thawed so that means showers at home again. Yeah. I sure appreciate my friend Kristy who allowed us to use her shower. She sure is a blessing.

Today we are praying the sewer line thaws so the black tank can be dumped. God is so good. He really cares about every aspect of our lives from frozen water lines to our souls, with souls being the most important of course. I like the song Take it to the Lord in Prayer.

I got am email that our pastor is in the hospital with phenomena in his left lung. Please pray for this Godly man if you've a mind to. His name is Jim Jamieson. He and his wife Tilley are such a blessing and sweet representatives of the Lord we serve.

Last evening I worked on the computer on labels for my products. I am always changing them up and improving on them. I now have adhesive labels for my thieves oils and my lotions. Yeah. I had previously had to use packing tape to hold the labels on the thieves oil.

I also placed an order for more bottles and found some really cute ones for lotion for ladies purses. Its a little bottle with a pink round lid. I am finding that the customers are liking the pump bottles and the tubes as well as the glass jars I had used for a while. I had also had some small bottles and decided to use them for small carry around bottles and they are selling well so when I found the cute ones I ordered 100 of them.

Yesterday I was able to sew an apron for a friend of Mollie's and also embroider a burp cloth for her for a baby shower. She was amazed at my machine. I love it too. Its an Ellure. Its probably 7 or 8 years old now and I need to have it cleaned and adjusted but its a great machine. I had had my previous machine for over 30 years having received it for high school graduation when it started having problems. Jeff would not hear of me buying a cheap Wal Mart type machine with plastic parts that would wear out in no time with the way I sew, so we went sewing machine shopping and I ended up with this Baby Lock Ellure and I love it. My old machine did not have any fancy stitches and I really wanted one that had some. I sure got my moneys worth. I have sewn hours and hours on this machine.

I am on the lookout for a good treadle sewing machine that I can sew on without electricity. I learned on a treadle from my great grandmother and would have loved to have her machine. That didn't happen of course so I have always been on the lookout for one and have not had the good fortune to find one in good condition close enough to dive and pick up. I would drive a few hours if the machine were in good shape.

I am praying blessings on everyone who reads here. Have a great day.

No comments: