Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thanksgiving

I am so thankful.

The wind is blowing a gale, the temperature is below freezing, well below, the water is frozen in the kitchen and there is condensation on all the windows.

Why am I thankful? Well here is a small list.
1. I am not homeless.
2. I am not freezing, nor are my children.
3. I was able to take a shower, the water in the bathroom is not frozen.
4. I have heat.
5. We have plenty of food.
6. I may not have water in the kitchen but I do in the bathroom and we can haul water from there and still cook and do dishes.
7. Since I have water in the bathroom we are all able to take showers today.
8. We have enough propane to last through this cold spell.

Some folks have no home, no heat and no food. I have all of those things. What would I have not to be thankful for?

1 comment:

loves2spin said...

Amen. I could add a long list to your list. :)