Thursday, December 31, 2009

IT snowed last night

It snowed last night an inch or two. I think it snowed one other time this winter but we were in Branson and missed it. I can hear the water dripping outside my window so its already on its way out. We haven't had a good snow to sled in for a long time.

There is suppose to be a special moon tonight. Be sure to look at it.

My feta cheese is still dripping so I will let it hang until it quits and then finish it. I already got 1/2 gallon of whey from it.

The wheat grass is looking good. It should be ready to use in a week or so.

The pinto beans are cooking in the crock pot.

The kefir is doing great. I had left it in the fridge for about three months and I just rinsed it. Put some milk on it, covered it and let it sit, I did this twice discarding the liquid. I think it is awake and ready to go now. It looks good and creamy. I am ready to make smoothies with it.

We have been invited out for supper tonight. So when we go to town I would like to stop by the store and buy some cabbage to start fermenting some kraut.

An ambulance went by a while ago, I guess there was a wreck on down the road east of us. If it came back by it wasn't with lights and sirens so hopefully that means all is well.

The girls are all spending the night with a friend whose sister has twin baby girls so I am sure there will be plenty of baby love going on.

I am hoping to get some starter from a friend so I can try making Candy's amazing bread. It looks dense and healthy.

No comments: