Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A warm blanket=a warm skirt

This morning I made a warm skirt out of a new fleece blanket I bought for $4.00 at Wal Mart. It is like having a blanket wrapped around you all the time.
I had to think about it for a day or so before I figured out how to do it but it ended up being easy peasey. With fleece you don't have to finish seams. How cool is that? I figured out how to make the skirt leaving the blanket stitch it came with along the bottom. I wanted to make a sort of wrap around skirt but I am too fat. It would work for most everyone else to do it that way though.
I think it would be cute with a pair of boots like Mollie has. I don't wear boots because I would be sweating like a crazy woman.
I also want to make a broomstick skirt. One of the places I was online looking for free patterns said to use an old sheet. Can't get much cheaper than that. Plus I would know if I had the right size.
I also need to mend the quilt that is on our bed and put a new backing on it. It is a quilt I bought off ebay a few years ago. It is not well made but I think with some help it will work for a few more years.

I also need to make lavender and eucalyptus soaps today.

3 comments:

Happy Hermit (happilyhiddenhermit@gmail.com) said...

I make Circle Skirts all the time , I even have a circle skirt Tut on my site if yor interested. I always wind up making skirts out of odd materials because I need heavy weather proof clothing that is comfortable.Good thinking outside the box !!

Anonymous said...

I want a very simple and modest dress pattern from one large sheet. Does such a thing exist, or do we have to invent it? LOL

america said...

There are many blankets patterns available also skirts of different kinds from where you could choose.There are blankets without stitches and they are best suited to very small babies.