Saturday, June 26, 2010

Fun time with Shelley

Yesterday Hannah, dad and I drove to Dodge to bring dad home and to pick up Mollie. My sisters and I had a meeting with dad and decided to give him a week to get busy doing more things for himself and takeing responsibility for his therapy.
We asked him to do better at taking care of himself and getting dressed. We have a lady who will check on him every morning to be sure he is dressed and doing good.
We are also checking into getting a life line that connects directly with the local fire/ambulance/rescue department. If we can find someone to come check on him at least twice a day and make sure he has dressed himself and is doing his physical therapy we decided to let him try to stay in his apartment for now.
He knows we only have his best interest at heart. My sisters and brother in law both work and are sometimes in meetings for hours and I am two hours away so its imperative that we come to an agreement on dad's care.
He agreed to do his part so we have decided to reevaluate in one week.

Hannah and I stayed with Kent and Shelley Korrell in Spearville, my cousins last night. We stayed up until 2:30am talking. We need to get together more often so we don't have so much catching up to do.
I helped Shelley learn to use her sewing machine. She picked it up incredibly fast. She is a quick study. Shelley had purchased flannel to make several of the bone shaped burp rags. It turned out that she had enough fabric to make about 24 or so. She also bought fabric to make two dresses each for her two girls. We cut one out and I helped her begin the sewing process. I was amazed how quick she picked up sewing. I made a pattern for some shorts for her little boy so they can all have matching outfits for the 4th of July.

On the way home we stopped at Wal Mart where I purchased some flannel so I can make some burp cloths too. Christina is pregnant and I want to get started making things for her and the baby.

No comments: