Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Yeah, my dad is here to visit for a few days

Yesterday, I drove to Dodge to get my dad out of the hospital. I didn't know what to expect. When I got to his room, he was dressed and ready to go. He walked out to my pickup and is doing very well.

My sister invited a bunch of family to come for hamburgers last night so we had a time of family fellowship. Some of the men loaded a twin bed into the pick up my sister let me borrow.

My other sister Carol and her honey Dewayne bought an air conditioner for the room where dad will be staying.

Roberta also gave me some beef.

I have a great family.

Dad and I got around this morning and drove to my house. We arrived here just before noon. When we got here I went to town and found a couple of people to come here and help me rearrange the furniture. That way, when Jeff gets home from work all he will have to do is put the air conditioner in the window. Now Jeff just text'd me and said he will be working until at least 10 pm. He went in at 5am, that's a long day.

Maybe I better look at the air conditioner to see if I can figure out how to put it in. You do what you have to do.

I am so excited to have my dad here for a while. I have asked and asked him to come visit. I told him that he is a captive now and cant leave. He said he could hitch hike and I said good luck, you aren't as pretty as you used to be. He laughed.

We are going to do physical therapy together while he is here. He needs something to do using both hands for practice. I told him he could sit with one of his shirts in his lap and button and unbutton it. I thought of a couple other things to do too. If anyone have any great ideas let me know.

Thanks for your prayers.

No comments: