Monday, June 14, 2010

My dad went to the hospital

Today I went to town and forgot to bring my cell phone. No big deal I thought. Turns out my they thought my dad had had a stroke and sent him to hospital in an ambulance. The doctors determined that he did not have a stroke but he is very weak. This morning he apparently fell a couple of times and could not get himself dressed. I don't think he has been doing his physical therapy.

He called my sister and she called the ambulance. Both of my sisters who live in the same town as him feel he is not able to be at home alone right now. I am making arrangements to bring him here. Our house is set up so that the bedrooms are all upstairs so I will make the former formal sitting room into a room for my dad. Its a beautiful room, I take company there.

I am hoping that dad can be taken care of here so that he gains enough strength that he can return to his apartment. He lives in an apartment in my sisters back yard.

Jeff just came home and he had the idea of me going to his house and staying a couple of days with him to evaluate the situation. That would give us more time to decide what to bring here and such. I will call my sister and see what she thinks about that idea.

3 comments:

Kaleena Kay said...

I will be praying for Grandpa. Let him know I am thinking about him and I love him.

Beautifully Veiled said...

Debbie, I'll be praying for great wisdom and discernment for you guys and for fast healing for your dad....

Yolanda said...

You are all in my prayers.