Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Off to Amarillo

This morning we got up early so we could drive to Amarillo to take Joy to the airport. She is going to California to a friends wedding. We went to Sam's Club, Harbor Freight, Fazolies, and Barnes and Noble.

Then we took the scenic route home, and it took twice as long but the drive was pretty.
We got home at about the same time that Joy got to California. She will drive back with some friends of hers from Bible College around the 3rd. of July.

I bought Jeff a new cordless drill, his died. For myself I bought a brake bleed kit. I read where you can use it to seal jars in place of a seal a meal or vacuum thing. I will try it out with my dehydrated food.

At Sam's Club I bought 50# of rice, 2 jars of dehydrated mushrooms, a jar of chicken base, a big container of Italian seasoning, and two big cartons of sliced fresh mushrooms which I put into the dehydrator right away upon arriving home. I want to compare my dehydrated with the freeze dried, cost, amount, etc. I am fairly certain that the home dehydrated is a better deal.

The only thing I wanted and could not find was some sour cream powder. I may have to purchase that at a mail order store. I also need some mylar bags and oxygen absorbers. Then I can make up some of the meals from the book Dinner is in the jar. For now I will probably put the meals in mason type jars and seal them with the brake bleed kit.

For supper tonight I will either fix breakfast for supper of chicken fried steaks. I will have to see what everyone wants.

I am hoping Mollie will be coming home Friday or Saturday. I miss her. I haven't seen her since a week ago Sunday when she left for her second camp. Harvest should be over by then and I can go get her.

My dad is ready to go home as well. He has enjoyed his stay here but he wants to be at his own place. Also we do not have TV so that makes a huge difference for him. I got him three more books at the library today to help.

No comments: