Thursday, June 3, 2010

Soon to be childless

Today is Thursday and on Saturday morning the girls leave for Junior camp. They are both working there this summer. Then next week they attend Senior camp as campers. Then Joy flies to California for a wedding and will be gone for a couple of weeks. And Mollie is suppose to go to Kansas to babysit a cousins kids during harvest.

I have been thinking of what I want to do while the girls are gone. Its so rare that I am alone, I have to think about it.

I think one thing I want to do is sew. Maybe work on one room at a time, cleaning, sorting and arranging. I will have to do all the chores myself and all the mowing as well. At least the vegetables will not be ready to harvest. Jeff should have the tractor fixed by then so I can mow the larger areas. The riding mower is fixed so that is a huge blessing.

Yesterday, I stopped in to PTCI, the local phone/Internet/cell company to drop off a few bars of soap for a lady who is writing a story about my soap making. She had a few questions to ask me so we talked for about 30 min. She wanted to take my picture but it just scared me to death and I said no. I don't know why I am that way. I used to be a professional photographer with a big studio. She said she wanted to come out and take photo's while I make soap. I told her that was fine as long as she only takes pictures of my hands. I am sure I will get used to the idea and let her take pictures of me. I am what I am.

Unless I can find two men to work two hours a day for me we will be done making stone tomorrow. Jr. is leaving for New Mexico, the girls are off to camp and I cant make stone alone so production will grind to a halt. It's hard to find someone who will drive out here for only two hours. So we will see. Jr. said he would think about it and see if he could think of anyone he would trust to work here. He knows that if I wouldn't want someone here socially, I sure wouldn't want them to work here. We live and work in the same place.

Joy passed her drivers test yesterday so she is good to go. Now she can drive herself and her sisters to and from camps.

1 comment:

kscorrell said...

Wow, I didn't realize you'd have an empty house when Mollie comes here! :D We can't wait to see her. I know the kids will have a blast with her. I hope you can get some rest and things done that you have on your list. The break is nice, but its always good to have them back home!! :D