Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sewing project

I bought this pattern a few weeks ago because Joy and Mollie like to wear these stretchy, swingy type of pants. View C. I think I am going to try making a pair for myself. The pattern says for stretch knits only so I will have to look through my stash to see if I have any available.
I love wearing Capri type pants and its pretty much all I wear all through the warm seasons. Maybe this will be a way to wear pants, yet be dressed up at the same time.
When we go to camp meeting I like to wear a dress to services which are three or four times a day. Something like this would help me keep cool in the un air-conditioned chapel as well as look nice.

For some reason I really don't like cutting out the pieces to sew, I could sew all day if I just didn't have to pin and cut out the pieces. That may be why I sew so much original stuff that doesn't take a pattern

8 comments:

Autumn said...

I don't really enjoy cutting things out either. I do like to sew and have the finished product but the cutting out is a pain.

Kaleena said...

Mom,
Those look really cute. Do you think you can make me a pair or two when I come see you. I can pick up some material I like just let me knwo what I kind of material to get.

debbieo said...

Kaleena,
I dont know what size you wear but I could probably make some for you. They are very easy. Let me know your size and I will tell you how much material to buy.

Carol said...

Me too, Mom. ha ha

Yolanda said...

I'm with you. My least favorite part is cutting out, but I think that is because it is a struggle to find a comfortable and convenient surface. At one time I had a big door that was at a good height. That was NICE. Now, if the project is not too large, I use the top of our chest freezer, with a cardboard cutting board on it. That helps some. If we all had perfect professional cutting tables, and a place to have them set up, wouldn't that be lovely?

debbieo said...

Carol,
It took me a minute to figure out what you meant, then I realized you want me to make you some pants too. Tell me your size and I will see if this pattern goes that small, I think Kaleena is going to have to buy a smaller pattern.
This pattern is super easy, like it says on the front.

UKnowWho said...

Me three!!! I was also wondering if you culd make me another skirt like the one you made for Easter a couple years back. I love it and get so many compliments when I wear it. I was thinking a blue or black/white one this time but I can just look thru you materials. Thanks!!

The Watts Family said...

That is a very cute pattern good luck with it!! ~