Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Velcro everything

I have been spending hours sewing Velcro on shirts and pants for my dad. This morning I got the bright idea to sew it on his pants because he cant get them buttoned and walks around holding his pants up until some one can button them for him. So far that seems to be working good. I drove to Guymon today so dad could buy cigarettes and I could buy more Velcro to sew on his pants and shirts.

On the shirts I move the button to the other side so it appears the shirt is properly buttoned. I then sew a Velcro closure on so that instead of buttoning he can just slap them together.
Now I have three more shirts I think to fix like that for him and three pairs of pants.

For therapy I asked him to zip and un-zip a zipper and button and un-button a shirt. He wanted things he had to use two hands to do.

On the way home from Guymon I had him switch the air conditioner to certain spots. He got mad and said, "I cant see through my hand." I said "Well then reposition your hand, don't use that as an excuse not to do it." He repositioned his hand and it worked better. I have figured out that when he snaps at me to just ignore it. He just gets frustrated and so do I. Life.

3 comments:

Beautifully Veiled said...

You are one smart and amazing daughter. And you are right. He's not upset at you, he's just upset! He just needs someone to love on him and take care of him and give him some hope that things will be ok. And put velcro on his shirts and pants. Just another good reason to teach our daughters to sew. I'm also going to teach mine to pluck the hairs on my chin...in fact, I think I'll start tonight. Never too early for those important things, you know.
Blessings,
Lindas

Unknown said...

Hi! I came across your article and had to share this will you!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwAdC5t_W04

I think this product may help you (and him)

debbieo said...

Michael,
Those are cool. Thank you.