Friday, June 4, 2010

This n that

My dad had a small stroke a while back and has lost most of the use of his left hand. He has trouble buckling his belt, buttoning his shirt etc. I have been looking for ways to help. One thing he asked me to do was to sew Velcro on his shirts, I did, he said it didn't help much as you still had to have two hands.
I guess if he had lost the use of one hand a long time ago he would have learned to compensate. At this stage of the game its harder for him.
Recently he asked me to make a bag of sorts for him to put his soap in that would be easier to hang on to. I made a couple of bags out of wash cloths but I also took a few Johnson & Johnson bath buddies. These I have gotten free with coupons. They are for babies. I asked him how the soap thing was working and he said the bath buddies worked the best.
I will now be looking harder for coupons to get the bath buddies free. And I wanted to tell you all so if you know someone older who has had a stroke or just someone who has a hard time holding the soap, try the bath buddies. They are located in the baby section of Wal Mart and cost 99cents.

I bought some stretch fabric to make gauchos yesterday. Last night I cut out three pairs and I have one more to cut out today. Then I will sit down and sew them all up. Then I have to find blouses to match.

The lady from PTCI is going to come today to take pictures of me making soap. I will have to ask her when the article will come out.

No comments: