Thursday, January 14, 2010

Aloe vera plants

Last year I asked a friend who has a green thumb like no other for a couple of aloe vera starts. She brought me two. I just finished re potting 20 babies, some of which were not babies any more. All from those two aloe plants. I am not done. I just ran out of pots. I had purchased several last year meaning to do just this and never got it done. Today I bought two kinds of potting mix and mixed it with per lite and planted the 20. I hope to sell them either from here at home or at the farmers market in Guymon this summer. They will be big by then.

Next I am going to start some lettuce and spinach and a few herbs to grow indoors. I have the perfect place on my counter to put them. Course I put a bunch of other stuff there too. There are lights mounted under the top cabinets which can act as grow lights.
The weather is so nice, I sure am enjoying doing this little bit in the dirt.

No comments: