Saturday, January 23, 2010

Free wood

We have been saving money and buying wood for our raised beds for the garden lately. In the last couple of days, two people have told us to go by the construction at the nursing home in town.
Apparently they put wood they are going to toss either in a pile by the dumpster or in a bin for people to take. My friend asked if the wood was for the taking and the man in charge said it was and that many were using it in their fireplaces and wood burning stoves. My friend picked up some pieces she will use to build rabbit nests.
When we got there we were able to find quite a lot of pieces of 2x4 and 2x12's that were about 2 feet long. Being the re user that I am I figured the pieces would work great for the ends of some of the more narrow raised beds we are building.
I plan to stop by again next week and see what is there. Free is my favorite price.

1 comment:

Greyhaven Pines said...

When we are going through a check out line and the clerk has been unable to find a price for an item, my husband often says, "We found it in the free aisle." Your house is so charming!

Warm wishes,

Elizabeth