Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Visiting others

While sitting in the funeral today I realized that my girls and I don't do enough visiting. I told Hannah that we need to spend one or two afternoons a week just visiting folks. She right away named a person she thought we should visit so this was an indication to me that it is a good idea. We need to visit those who are new in town, the elderly,new parents and the sick to name a few. The list could go on and on.
It would also be a good way to witness and to invite people to church. We are learning in Sunday school about how we must be the church. We cant expect the preacher to do all the work, we must work as well.
There are a lot of hurting folks on this earth. If we can do anything to ease their pain then we should do it.
I have been having a tendency of only thinking about my life and what is going on in it. I need to raise my eyes and look around and see what is going on with others.

No comments: