Monday, January 4, 2010

Canning chicken

Well the first 24 pints of chicken are getting ready to come out of the canner. I don't know if I want to do another canner full tonight or not. Its only 7:30 so I guess I should, especially since I have about 75 more jars to do before I am done.
I love getting a whole years worth of chicken canned and done at once. It makes me feel more secure.
I will be deciding how much beef and pork to can for the year soon. I can that in quart jars so that is good. I am running low on pints.
I am also making Candy's amazing bread. I will punch it down before bed and then bake it in the morning.
I need to roll the tortillas out and get them cooked. Tomorrow we can have something mexican with them.
I hope my wheat grass juicer comes in soon because my wheat grass is almost ready to cut.
Jeff and I stopped by a health food type store in Perryton today. The owner was very nice. They had this gadget that peels your carrots all in one fell swoop. It was cool but I think it was 100.00 I can peel my own for that. LOL

1 comment:

Happy Hermit (happilyhiddenhermit@gmail.com) said...

I so get the stock up bug sometimes too. :)