Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Company for supper


I am excited as we are having company for supper. I love having folks over for meals. Its funny though I don't fret and get worked up. Sometimes I even serve beans and cornbread. I just want to be with the people I ask over.

I have a friend who rarely has people over because she thinks the house has to be perfect and the food exotic. I would rather have the house clean and the food good but not have to worry about some finicky dish I am making. When I invite people over I do it to spend time with them not worry about the food I'm cooking.

Over the years I have figured out how to make much of the meal ahead of time and put it in a crock pot to keep warm or just change the menu to something less complicated. I got tired of spending the time in the kitchen while everyone else was out there visiting.

I think I am from the class of KISS. Keep it simple stupid.
Mollie thinks I've lost it because I have invited 20 people over for food and fellowship next Thursday. I will make something easy like sloppy joes, chips, pickles, and pop and we will visit and have a good time. They are friends who are moving from St. Crioux to Montana. Why spend my time allotment cooking when all I wanna do is visit them?

Call me crazy. That's the way I roll. Have a wonderful day.

It's nice here, I even washed one of the front windows and the front door.

No comments: